Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When to quit your JOB?

When to quit your JOB?

by CHATKICK 10/27/2010


Many asked and are still asking me WHY I quit my job; during the time when many people earnestly seek an at least minimum wage job for a living. Some ask this for guidance and some for their mere curiosity. Let me share with you my reflections. (might help you decide on which path to take or at least will give you answers if you belong to the group of people who are still wondering what the hell am I doing with my life, hehehe!*feelingera ba? nakakapagod lang kasing paulit-ulit ikwento ang mga bagay-bagay kaya madalas hindi ako sumasagot sa mga tanong, now I decided to share my thoughts again after a long, long time of solace*)


December 2009, I decided to quit my job which I scheduled by March 2010. I loved my work. I had a good working environment. But one thing was slowly drifting. ME. I felt that I am slowly withering. I became a workaholic, working almost 36 hours when we were meeting our deadlines and sometimes camping in our office just to finish the tasks 'coz if not, we'll surely be drowned with more tasks. During those times I haven't got the time to connect with my family and other friends who were outside the realm of work that I am in. Although once in a while we divert ourselves to breathe and so we say: TO HAVE A LIFE.


I loved my work, I had good time working there, I was having an above minimum-wage compensation but then I QUIT.

WHY? I'll tell you why.


I am a person with simple dreams. I recognize the use of money in this world but does not always rely on having many of it. I know how to live in leisure, but I know too how to live by the absence of it, in other words I can live with the extremities of life. I am ready to face anything but I need to be sure though that I AM INTACT. Meaning, I am composed of a combination of HOPE, LOVE, TRUST, COMPASSION and an UNSHACKLED SOUL. A person with VISION and INTEGRITY.


By the rate that I was going during those years that I am working, I foresaw myself to be stripped-off of the core values that I am living by. Hence, making me another person or a less person that I was. Maybe I was just afraid of the unknown. Or maybe, I just saved myself from collapse of identity. Anyhow, I just did what I thought was right at that very moment. That was the time that I needed to recharge myself -- my soul. Moreover, I thought that I cannot give more of myself to other people by having less for myself. Only thing that saved me was, I was not working in a corporate world by the time that I burned myself with work. It could have been more difficult for me to accept personally.


If you feel you are also in this kind of situation or just wanting to quit your respective jobs, the following points are the things that should be considered. (well, at least for me during the time that I decided to do so)


1. Be firm about your decision. After thinking about it over a hundred times or more. With praying and asking of guidance from Above.

2. Have a back-up plan. Don't you just quit abruptly, without a good back-up plan, you'll face many obstacles that you haven't thought about while you are just planning to quit.

3. Be sure to know your potential. As a person, you should know your limits and potentials.

4. Seek the guidance and support of your family. They are your support system in times of difficulty as well as they know how to handle you in case you are having personal problems.

5. Have a vision. Know what you want to do and become in the coming years.

6. Reach for your dreams. Cliche as it may seem, but it can help you have a better life, if not happy.

7. Ask yourself if you are happy with your current condition/life. Happiness have a great bearing in our lives and the ultimate state of this is BLISS, in one way or another, we all seek happiness.

8. Make sure you are financially stable. You have at least savings to start your life anew or you have a concrete plan on how to generate your future finances.

9. Don't just quit because you want to. But because you have to.

10. Do it with all of your being. To quit a job, you have to be 100% sure. Don't do it half-heartedly, for you may suffer from regrets.

These are just ten things to consider, it can go more than that. Just on making decisions, be sure to make it with a sound, balanced heart and mind. And when you still have difficulty deciding, just let your heart decide. Know your instinct, your heart knows what to do.

2 comments:

prismona said...

Hi, I definitely agree with you. This is nice! :)

chatkick said...

Thank you Mona.:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...