Thursday, November 18, 2010

Batanes: My dream destination!

Batanes: An Island on the Northernmost part of the Philippines, a place which is hit by typhoons most of the year and was given much attention in recent years for it's beauty beyond compare! and the only place in the Philippines that experiences four seasons just no snowflakes and white Christmas, hehe!

I have couple of friends who are also having Batanes in their long list of travel destinations and we always dream that one day soon we'll be given a chance to visit and walk around it's green green grass, take good photos and all..:) but, budget is always the main concern (as always, aside from time). It is so expensive! imagine spending a couple of thousands just for the fare! I once browsed through the internet to see how much it would cost me to book a two-way flight from Manila to Batanes, and it's a whooping 10 thou++ (not so sure if it's a two-way ticket already), maybe because it's peak season. So, I set aside that dream but at the back of my mind, I am telling myself to save money for my Batanes trip.

Why of all places, I want to go to Batanes? I don't know, maybe for the fact that I see parts of it in travel programs and I fell in love with the place. I want to feel the greens, to breathe the air that the Ivatans are enjoying, to run, to swim and to take photographs of that scenic place!

Batanes is such a good destination for lovers, soul searchers, nature lovers, photo enthusiast etc., its serenity seems to give peace to the mind of the burdened. I want to explore Batanes not only once but over and over again! If only it's near our hometown I'd live there just like how I did in Baguio.:)

I want to take my own photos of these that I saw on the internet. To meet and greet Ivatans, to experience buying at the honesty store -- the sooner, the better! and of course have something to blog about!(and the long list of what to do's follows)

The lighthouse and the coastlines:

This stone Chapel:



Their stone houses that withstand super typhoons!

I hope that someday I have someone with me that I can go to Batanes and will have the chance to say "I Chad Lao Koy Mo" to under the bright blue sky while walking at the long coastline of Batanes.

Hmmmnnnn, could it be that I can visit Batanes for the first time with the help of SEAIR? Well, if anyone here doesn't know yet, Seair is having a blog contest again for Batanes! Yes, you read it right. They're giving a tour to Batanes for this winter season!!

To know more about them and their contests you can visit their Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/flyseair or if you want to check their flights just visit http://flyseair.com

If given the chance, it'll be my first fly with SEAIR! (because I happened to have cancelled my flight to Boracay last March 2010 due to some circumstances)


P.S. If you happen to have an FB account and liked this post, please vote for my entry. Thank you and God Bless! (but you have to like Seair's fanpage first before liking my entry)

Hello!Hello! Can you help me get/earn many likes for my blog entry? You just have to like www.facebook.com/flyseair and then like my/this entry http://www.facebook.com/flyseair/posts/10150094177191171 Thanks a lot!.:)‌


Photo courtesy:

4 comments:

chatkick said...

Hello!Hello! Can you help me get/earn many likes for my blog entry? You just have to like www.facebook.com/flyseair and then like my/this entry http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150094177191171&id=17160086170 Thanks a lot!.:)‌

Er said...

Great blog and great article. Thanks for the desire in visiting my province.

Please allow me to correct some few lines (please don't be offended ^_^, Batanes is not always directly hit by typhoons. Since Batanes is the last point of reference by PAGASA, that's why it is being mentioned often. But of course it's a fact that our weather in Batanes is unpredictable so that makes it difficult for travelers to visit my province as planned.

I wish to see you there enjoying your dreams come true. And you are most welcome to experience the "four seasons" in Batanes of course without the snow flakes lol...

Kapian Dios as Dios mavidin...

Regards,

Er

chatkick said...

Hello Er,

Thanks for the comment..:), Not at all offended...God bless you always!

Chat

Unknown said...

My,my,my. I love to go to Batanes! One of the places I crave to visit!Cagayan de Oro rafting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...