Friday, September 14, 2007

my idea on Erap's persecution

a_carlos
Was he really bad?, maybe in one way or the other he did some nasty things but I think the Sandigang Bayan have not review all things that must be scrutinized. Why did Erap's the only one suffering for the "crimes"? where was the accomplices, does being a witness like Chavit Singson disables him as being one of those who should be put upon scrutiny?...As far as I know, fair justice must weight things first. Chavit Singson must have been investigated as well as others who were allegedly connected with the scams that former Pres. Estrada was convicted in. I must admit, when the impeachment happened, I was barely 14 years
old and all I can understand at that moment was the "wrong things" that former Pres. Estrada did. The EDSA II, the battles inside the court, that was when my inkling to law arose. Since I was a kid my parents would say to me that I should be a lawyer which I always decline for the reason that I could not stand lying for the sake of winning the case. But today, the situation was changed, I am the one who aspires to be a lawyer and my parents?...they now use my reason as I was a kid. 6 years ago when impeachment happened, my hopes for a new beginning was high. I thought maybe it was for the betterment of the society, after all the former Pres. came from show business and the one who will replace him was a daughter of former Pres. Macapagal. Maybe she knew better than Erap. Just what the people who joined EDSA II have thought. On the other hand, they were wrong, so much I. The worse of worst have happened, nothing changed for the better. Yes, they say that our society's economy is improving, but where is the improvement? All I can see is impoverished people who seeks help. Help from the government, help from God. Isn't it pathetic to claim development, when all that we see are mere changes on the aesthetics?...Hah!we need something tangible, something that we can put on our stomachs to ease starvation. Good thing we can afford the life that was dictated by this society, but what about those people who earns 100php or less everyday for a living? how are they going to cope with this? The one solution that I can think of, is for the politicians to do there jobs and quit getting favors just for themselves. They must serve the people who voted for them and for once?they must at least stop squabbling over each other. I hope these politicians do what they should do for the betterment of the citizenry. They should help each other to attain development, although some checks and balances are good, they must do it in a very proficient way and not on just sheer politicking. The issue about Erap should be seen as a threat to those other government officials who were doing bad things. I just pray that our justice really means justice for all and not just for those who are in the position and those who have money. I hope this is the beginning of a changed Philippines. Peace y'all mankind!!! ^.^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...