Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another "what-the-hell-are-you-doing-with-your-life-chat" kind of story...

The title already says it all. Therefore you are about to read further my ridiculous way of thinking...wahahahahahaha!

Last Monday, I saw a post on Friendster regarding a part-time job about making database using a simple/basic programming language like visual basic or ms access/ms SQL. I just texted the number and alas!...Gotcha!, pasok...only that I don't know any technicalities about programming, all I know is; it is an acquired knowledge, studied by IT professional, computer related task and if you are good enough with the field you are about to get high compensation. So there, last night, inquired with my friends, networks, etc. I really am dead serious learning this basic programming language, by hook or by crook. A go-getter that I was added the fact that I am somewhat bored as of the moment that I intend to learn new things.

I started my research the moment I got the job details yesterday. I borrowed some books and started reading/browsing last night. Gathered any information that I can use, later I will post process the information and sift it to get what information I must use. Good thing was, the software will be needed at least a month from today, so I have a month to do it. I will give myself two weeks to do it. So I can have it checked by people who really know the ins and outs of database and programming. Can I do it? I must do it.

As the saying goes, "Do not bite more than you can chew" but I also know when to "Bite the bullet". But I also told him that if I won't have the time to do it as I am working full-time too, I can surely help him find someone who can and is willing to do the task. He said it is not that urgent. Well...

Just a flashback: Way back when I was still a struggling college student, I once done almost the same thing. I think I blogged about it already, nevertheless I will share it again today. I pursued doing a Thesis Proposal on a Psychological perspective. Many asked me why, with an answer from me: Nothing, I just want to do it, also I like the topic that I passed and I was just 'crazy' doing things...hehe!

Yeah, 'crazy'...I did anything to gather all the information I needed, that was one of the times that I studied really hard to pass the said course, I started from scratch, I have no subjects/courses regarding psychology. I am once an Economics student who happened to shift my major to Social Anthropology with a minor on Political Science. Even in General electives subjects that I took have no background whatsoever on Psychology. I was just inclined to it. Psychology as they say was not that easy. It is one of the meticulous department in Social Sciences. Anyhow, regardless of the people who tried to convince me to change topic and not chose Psychology as basis for my proposal, I stick with it. I was on-time finishing my proposal. I got a 'high grade' for it in fact. People who saw my determination supported my endeavor and was happy to know that I passed the course.

So, in this "what-the-hell-are-you-doing-with-your-life-chat" I am still trying to stick with it, with or without pay, I am willing to finish this...Hehe!...for my future use also. Anyway, sure it has compensation. I just don't know what the market has dictated when it comes to this job. I really don't have an idea. I am also thinking about really, really enroll with programming crash courses available, just for a change..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...