Friday, April 17, 2009

Respect One Another




"The most important thing for us is that there are many people out there who are looking for respect, for love, for compassion and for understanding. It doesn't take much for us to extend and to give that respect, to give and extend that compassion. And if we can find it in our own heart to be able to do that. I believe, it will be a different world."-Fr. Manuel Ginete, C.M.

These were somehow the same words that I tend to live by. I was happy that a very close friend Nadja had posted the video of her Tito and cared to transcribe the message(made my blogging easier huh??!, Thanks friend!). I am happy that I felt supported. That there are still so many people that thinks this way. I am eternally happy about this.

I always say to my friends that Love needs respect. We need to open our eyes to every creature. We have to be compassionate and not think of ourselves only. We live in a world that is very much interconnected. One way or another our single act will affect oneself.

We have to be vigilant or else we can heighten any adversities. In search for truth, we tend to dig upon every facet of the situation or person. Sometimes, we come along with information that are worthy but may not give you positive thoughts.

I myself admit that in the past days, have been "bad". Maybe those who are at my surrounding area have not noticed that but I did and I felt sorry about it. Some people just kept on feeding me bad thoughts. That eventually attracted some other more. There were times that I can't control it, it is like a virus that gave my system unrest. Happy that I still have time to reflect, family and friends that lead me back and a GOD that never fails to show me good things. With that I AM THANKFUL!

I do share my life's happenings on a positive side(as how I view it)...but is hidden/embedded in a very conceited tone(as viewed maybe by others). This is where respect comes in.

To be respectful is not only to bow when you are going to pass by some people. It is more than that, respect is also not about being apathetic. Respect is knowing when to be involved. When to say things and how to say it. Respect is knowing how a person's personality had something to do with his/her acts and way of speech. If you know the person very well, you will not misunderstood him/her.

Trying to put yourself into that person's circumstances may help you understand. Believe me, you'll be compassionate, and can respect him/her decisions or way of life.

The phrase: "Mind your own Business" or "Minding my own business" shouldn't be done in an apathetic manner. Because that would be close to living your life in a lonely road. There is a time to meddle. There is a time to show you care, there is a right time to extend our hands and thoughts.

I was close to be that, an apathetic creature. Not good, not a good thing to do. I suddenly realized that it was not the path destined for me. I should refrain being like that. That despite the busy environment that I am in and having to juggle time for all the tasks that I have, I must still have time to talk with people. To analyze things and situation engaging my family and friends. To be someone who can listen and give advice if needed.

A person that can be of help to other people. A person that can live by her name CHARITY. A person who seeks change, improvement, betterment of oneself. A person who can see more than meets the eye. A person that can be a catalyst and a servant of GOD.

I AM BACK PEOPLE!!!...bear with me...wahahahahahahaha!!...;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...