Monday, August 3, 2009

Philippine Democracy Icon Died but spirit will live on

August 1 3:18am Former President Cory Aquino died.

She died but will always remain in our hearts. I cannot imagine life without democracy. I for one is not a fan of authoritarian rule. I can follow rules of course but I am not at ease following them. In due time, I will begin to ask what are these rules for?

She had been a state's woman, heard when she talks, an empowered woman indeed. I liked how she talks, she speaks with dignity. She had undergone so many hardships and yet, she hold on to God.

Maybe a part of me wanted to be her. A loving mother and daughter, a supportive sister, a leader.

She is an icon, simple, dignified and will always remain the beacon of Philippine democracy.

As my part I changed my fb profile picture to yellow ribbon. I wept and as I wept for her passing, part of me had seen the path of which I had to support and walk on. Until the end it is DEMOCRACY!

August 5, Wednesday is a holiday for her funeral. I dunno if we can go to her funeral if not I will just watch the monitoring here at the office or at the house if we don't have office, which I doubt...lol:))

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...